Saturday, November 26, 2011

#24 Multigrain Hearth Bread


This was a nice, pleasant, but fairly unremarkable bread. For this recipe, I used cooked Quaker's Multi Grain cereal. This was a mistake as it was too wet. To adjust, I cut back the recommended water to 100 grams and made up the difference with King Arthur Harvest Grain blend. This was still much wetter that most of Reinhart's soakers so I had to make some adjustments with additional flour for the final dough.

That said, the combination of cereals gave me a wide range of flavors. And with the adjustments, the dough behaved nicely. The oven-spring was a bit weak but okay. I played with a new scoring pattern that I think worked well.

Overall, the bread was a bit dense, but fine. On the other hand, it isn't a loaf I'll be in a hurry to get back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment