Tuesday, May 15, 2012

#43 Whole Wheat Focaccia

I love focaccia but when I think of focaccia, I think of a light, open bread. The idea of a whole wheat focaccia is a bit contradictory for me. Still I thought it worth a try. And indeed it was.

I made half the recipe following the recipe closely.  I topped the focaccia with Gorgonzola, walnuts, and caramelized onions. The results weren't as light as a traditional focaccia, but were nonetheless quite tasty.

Overall, this is an approach that works beautifully for whole wheat giving an unexpectedly light product. (Also, if you are trying to work your way into whole grains, along with the transitional breads, this is a good place to start.) The recipe gives an option of making Pain À L'Ancienne Mini Baguettes which I did not attempt. This is certainly work going back and doing in the future. This recipe is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment