Sunday, January 22, 2012

#35 Whole Wheat Brioche


Note: Recipe #34 call for spent grains. Thus far, I have not been able to locate this ingredient. Once I have done so, I will return to that recipe. But for now, I'm moving on.

The whole wheat brioche is a repeated recipe for me, so I elected to do the optional Kugelhopf form of the recipe. Compared to most brioche recipes, this is a remarkably easy loaf to make. The almonds didn't want to adhere to the pan, so I just pressed them into to the dough. Other than that, there were no problems.

While the recipe doesn't produce the decadent loaf you might expect of a brioche, the results are quite tasty. The bite of the whole wheat is more than off-set by the added butter. So while not exactly a desert loaf, this isn't a stogy whole wheat loaf either. Overall, a good loaf. Dust with powdered sugar!

2 comments:

  1. Try posting on Craig's list for the spent grains. Any home brewer will have them.

    ReplyDelete