Friday, October 14, 2011

#19 Anadama Bread


This is a recipe that I'd made before shortly after buying Reinhart's book. I've also made Anadama breads before as part of the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge.

In fact, I made the original recipe in BBA and a variant where I replace the molasses with golden syrup. And while this might not be authentic anadama bread, I definitely preferred it to the original recipe. So this time around, having previously made the recipe, I decided to experiment some more. This time, I replaced the molasses with maple syrup. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written using Bob Red Mill Cornmeal.

Overall, the bread was quite good. It did not have a maple flavor, but was well flavored. I found the cornmeal way too gritty for my taste. If I were doing it over, I think I would try a corn flour. And I think I would go back to the golden syrup. Still, a good bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment