Thursday, August 25, 2011

#10: Transitional German-Style Many Seed Bread


When it comes to whole grain breads, my preference runs toward seeded breads or struans, so I was particularly looking forward to this bread. While I can't say I'm big on flax seeds (they have a slightly slimy mouthfeel for me) or even pumpkin seeds (bland), I love sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.

The results were a little disappointing. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad loaf, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I found the dough somewhat stiff and difficult to work with. As can be seen from the picture, I didn't get a particularly smooth dough. Still, this was a good if not great loaf. And it is a loaf that might be worth revisiting sometime in the future when this challenge is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment